Saturday 20 June 2009

Toilet Paper Holder - Don't Forget It In Your Bathroom Remodel

It's the little things that get forgotten when you're in the middle of a big project like a bathroom remodel and yet some of the little things can turn out to be very important. Who gives any thought to where the toilet roll holder is going to go when they start out on their redesign project?

I'm writing this article because I don't want you to make the same mistake that I did when I remodeled my own bathroom. I had designed the whole thing so that everything fitted perfectly into my tiny bathroom including a new shower cubicle feature that I didn't have before. I watched the workers rip out the old stuff and replace with the new but it wasn't until the whole thing was pretty much completed that I realised my mistake.

There was nowhere to put a toilet roll holder! My worst nightmare had come true and I came out in a cold sweat for a moment until I calmed down and started to think calmly about the problem.

There was no room on the wall behind the toilet because the new shower cubicle was too close on one side and there was some boxed in pipe work on the other side. The opposite wall was out of the question for the toilet roll holder because of the washbasin situated opposite the toilet.

This was terrible, what was I going to do? I could have mounted the tissue roll holder on the side of the bathtub, which was within reach of the toilet, but it wasn't very convenient being so low down and it would have ruined the nice bathtub side that I had picked out.

I could have just given in and kept a toilet roll on the cistern or on the floor but that doesn't have much style to it and it would have looked like I had forgotten about the toilet roll holder in the bathroom remodel, which I had.

Then I saw it, it was the perfect solution and I couldn't work out why I had never seen such a thing before. It was a floor standing toilet roll holder. It was made of shiny brass with a wooden shaft and it looked nicer than many toilet roll holders that fix to the wall.

The free standing toilet roll holder turned out to be a very versatile and useful solution to the problem of providing a toilet tissue holder when there is no convenient wall space to screw one to. It's just the right height and it's always in the right place because you can pick it up and place it anywhere you want.

There is a picture of my bathroom toilet roll holder on my website at Bathroom Remodeling Accessories You will see that it's is a simple device but it looks nice, performs well and fits in very nicely with the rest of the room.

My advice to you when you remodel your own bathroom is to make sure that you give some thought to the accessories early on in your project. It isn't the end of the world if you have to use a free standing toilet roll holder but it would be very comforting to know that you had actually decided on that solution right from the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment